Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (1)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming books whose releases are being eagerly awaited. Bloggers are encouraged to join in and post about the book they're looking forward to reading. Here is mine: 


CINDER, by Marissa Meyer.
Expected publication: January 3rd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends.


Synopsis: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her 
world’s future. 


I first heard about Cinder when I stumbled upon Marissa Meyer's livejournal and I've been excited about its release ever since. I love reinvented fairy-tales, and the fact that this is book one in a quartet makes it even more exciting. 

7 comments:

  1. I've seen this one and had it on my 'watch' list for awhile. Hope it's as good as it sounds!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very different from the other Cinderella retellings I've read. Should be a great read!
    Clean Teen Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover on this and I love retellings so it should be awesome!

    Sarah @ Confessions of the UnPublished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinder sounds so cool I saw it on Netgalley. I love the concept. Great pick and welcome to WoW it's a fun meme.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this SO bad, I cannot wait until january it's too far away :( Great choice :)

    My WoW, http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked this as my WOW as well. Want to follow, but the follow button is not working. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. reinvented fairytales are one of my favorite genres too.

    ReplyDelete