Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (5)

Each week the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish host a Top Ten list based on a certain bookish topic. Other bloggers are able to join in and post their own top ten answers. Here are my answers to:

Top ten unread books that have been on my shelves the longest:

Pretty covers lure me, and intriguing blurbs hook me. I think I've lost track of how many books I've brought that are now gathering dust on my shelves, slowly turning yellow with age. I'm sure I'll get to them... Eventually. Warning: there are a lot of series on this list. What can I say, I like to buy the second - and often third book - just in case I really like the first and don't want to wait. Shame about the whole "haven't even read the first" part, though.

  1. CITY OF BONES, CITY OF ASHES, CITY OF GLASS, (The Mortal Instruments #1-3) by Cassandra Clare.
  2. MARKED, BETRAYED, CHOSEN, (House of Night Books #1-3) by P.C and Kristen Cast.
  3. WHILE I LIVE, INCURABLE, CIRCLE OF FLIGHT, (The Ellie Chronicles #1-3) by John Marsden. A sequel series to THE TOMORROW SERIES.
  4. TOUCHING DARKNESS, BLUE NOON, (Midnighters #2&3) by Scott Westerfeld
  5. TERRIER, BLOODHOUND(Beka Cooper #1&2) by Tamora Pierce. 
  6. VAMPIRE ACADEMY(Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead. 
  7. IRONSIDE, (The Modern Faerie Tales #3) by Holly Black. 
  8. EXTRAS, (Uglies #4) by Scott Westerfeld. 
  9. EVERNIGHT, (Evernight #1) by Claudia Gray.
  10. THE FINAL WARNING, (Maximum Ride #4) by James Patterson.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! You have some of my favourite books ever on your list! My first comment is to tell you to stop everything right now and READ MORTAL INSTRUMENTS!!!!! It's an incredible series--I have no words :)

    Also Vampire Academy is awesome and the House of Night and Evernight books are great reads too.

    Thanks for stopping by and I'm a new follower =)
    Rachel @ The Rest Is Still Unwritten

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mortal Instrument series is amazing - read it! And I'm reading The Vampire Academy series now too - on book 5 - it gets better and better with each book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good selection. I wish I could read some of them.

    Here's My Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you have the Mortal Instruments and haven't read it! It's an awesome series!!

    And Vampire Academy - one of my favourites! Like Tanya said, it just get better with each book!

    Stay away from the House of Night!! There will be 12 books in the end, and it only needed about 4, maybe 5.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not read any of those...
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished The Modern Faerie Tales series and loved it. I had to give the first book, Tithe, a couple of goes, but it was worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evernight is on my TTT list this week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read these books too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get around to reading Extras too! After everything that happened in the trilogy, I was too heartbroken to read the fourth book. I guess the fact that it wasn't a direct continuation and it was using a different protagonist didn't really appeal to me. And I need to read Vampire Academy too, haha.

    ReplyDelete